Excursions - Venice
Venice - legendary city on the water with rich history, tradition and unique fascination. Thanks to the impressive fusion of art, cinema, history and culture this unique city became the most interesting and visited tourist attraction in the world.
Venice is located 50 km from Eraclea with various options to access:
- by motor boat (about 40 min.) from Punta Sabbioni bay to Piazza San Marco
- By train (about 40 min.) from San Dona' di Piave to S. Lucia station
- by auto (about 60 min.) to Piazzale Roma parking area
There is always so much to see there:
SAN MARCO , CASTELLO, CANNAREGIO, SAN POLO, SANTA CROCE, DORSODURO, GIUDECCA, SAN GIORGIO MAGGIORE
Attractions near the city
There are plenty of opportunities to discover the places around Venice, like Nord isles in Venetian Lagoon, accessible with “vaporetto” public transport:
- Murano Island, famous for its glass production opens splendid views over San Donato Cathedral and Vetrario museum
- Burano Island, popular fishermen's place is famous for the authentic ancient art showed in Merletto Museum
- Torcello Island with S.ta Maria Assunta Cathedral and S.ta Fosca Church
- Minor islands like San Michele Island, San Francesco del Deserto Island (with an abbey founded by Saint d'Assisi), Islands of Sant'Erasmo, San Giacomo in Paludo and Lazzaretto Nuovo.